UIDAI is marching closer to its goal. PAN card, Bank account, Passport and now your mobile number all need to be linked to your Aadhaar card. In case you have not applied for the UID (Aadhaar card), its high time. The government of India is notifying the Indian Residents time and again that the PAN card, Bank account, and mobile numbers will be blocked if the Aadhaar details are not linked before January 2018.
As reported by authentic sources all the mobile numbers that are not linked with an Aadhaar card will be deactivated with effect from February 2018. The Sim providers are notifying the users to link the Aadhaar card for uninterrupted services. The orders were passed by Supreme Court in February 2017 and it was deemed mandatory to link the SIM and Aadhaar card.
If you are applying for a new mobile number, make sure you opted for ‘eKYC’ – Aadhaar-based activation. You will have to provide your biometric information while applying for the mobile connection. But in case you have an old connection you will have to follow the process below.
How to Link your Aadhaar Card with your Sim/ Mobile Number?
- Visit the closest store of your mobile connection service provider.
- Submit your mobile number details and Aadhaar card details
- The store executive will send an OTP on your mobile number. You will have to share the OTP with him for verification.
- You will be asked to provide your fingerprint and biometrics for verification.
- Within 24 hours you will receive a confirmation SMS.
- Respond to the SMS with a ‘Y’.
Carry the below documents. They are mandatory for Aadhaar-Mobile Number Linking process
- A self-attested copy of the Aadhaar card
- You active SIM card.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Can we complete the linking process online?
Ans: No, you cannot link the Aadhaar and mobile number online. You will have to visit the authorized store of your service provider.
Check out: Eaadhar Download
2. What if I do not link my Aadhaar and Mobile number?
Ans: Your SIM card will be deactivated and the network operators cannot restore it.
3. Who all need to go through the process?
Ans If you have got a new mobile connection and done the eKYC with Aadhaar linkage you will not have to do the process again. You only need to do this if there is an active SIM in your name and you have not provided Aadhaar information for linkage yet.
4. Does the network provider charge any fee for the process?
Ans: No, you will not have to pay any fee for linking your Aadhaar card and mobile number.
5.What is the deadline to link Aadhaar and mobile number?
Supreme Court has set a deadline of February 6, 2018, for this process.The telecom operators have made the process convenient by offering:
- OTP based verification.
- App-based verification.
- IVRS based verification.
- Door Verification services for senior citizens and people with disabilities.
- You can do the linking from any city irrespective of the city where the mobile number was registered.
The Aadhaar Registered Mobile Number (ARMN) will contain the misuse of SIM cards by anti-social elements and will bring the Government closer to its residents.